Steadfast in Opposition
Sunday, September 18, 2022
Yesterday, we learned that both Nehemiah and Ezra faced opposition. In fact, opposition is not all that uncommon for the Christian. It happened to Jesus. It happened to the prophets. It happened to the disciples and apostles. It will happen to you, too.
But take heart! There is an opportunity in the opposition! You just have to stay steadfast. Read Ezra 4, Nehemiah 4, and Nehemiah 6. Also, I recommend reading 1 Samuel 30. David encouraged (strengthened) himself in the Lord. You can, too. Consider the following discussion questions for this week:
- What is one thing that stood out to you this week (sermon, teaching, fellowship, etc.)?
- When you encounter opposition to your faith, what is your immediate reaction? Defensiveness? Anger? Prayer? Fear? Peace? Others?
- How does your response line up with what the Bible says to do? List chapter and verse.
- What is (or was) a big obstacle to you living your faith publicly? What did you do about it
- What is a modern-day example of a Samaritan? How can we love others while avoiding the intermingling or blending of our faith with false religions and teaching?
- How can we pray for you?
We had a great discussion at Hillside last night as we contemplated the answers to these questions. We invite you to do the same. And we invite you to join us on Sunday nights at 6pm as we "debrief" the events of the day and learn how to incorporate the lessons into our daily lives. It is interactive. It is engaging. It is fun. And it only lasts an hour.
We would love to see you!